Marco Garetti Doctoral Workshop
In the tradition of past APMS conferences, APMS 2023 is preceded by the Marco Garetti Doctoral Workshop.
The workshop provides PhD students with the opportunity to present and discuss their doctoral research and receive feedback and exchange ideas in an inspiring community of fellow PhD students, experienced researchers, and professors of the IFIP WG 5.7 community.
Benefits of participation in the workshop include:
- Reflections on ongoing/planned research activities and how to prepare a structured proposal for external review.
- Written feedback on the Research Proposal from two senior researchers before the workshop.
- Verbal feedback from two reviewers, as well as other researchers and PhD students at the workshop.
Interested PhD students apply by submitting a PhD Research Proposal of up to 15 pages using the template provided below.
Please submit your PhD Research Proposal through the ConfTool Paper Submission Tool.
Applications are processed continuously for those who want to take advantage of the early-bird participation rate ending on 17 July.
- Date: Sunday 17 September 2023
- Location: Clarion Hotel (conference venue)
- Registration fee: participation is included in the student registration fee and includes the workshop, lunch, and refreshments.
- 10 August: deadline submission of Research Proposal
- 25 August: notification of review results, with comments and suggestions for improvement
- 7 September: submission of revised Research Proposal
- 17 September: workshop presentation, with feedback and discussion
The workshop is organized by Prof. Hans-Henrik Hvolby, Aalborg University, in collaboration with other faculty from the IFIP WG 5.7 network.
If you have any inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Format of Research Proposal
Below you can download a Microsoft Word template for PhD research proposals.